Edit Interactive Maps
Maps are organised as follows:
- Maps represent other Entities like Areas and Regions.
- Map Tiles and Map Images represent Maps. Maps can have multiple of them.
- Maps contain Map Features, such as points on the map.
- Map Features indicate the location of specific Entities, their target.
Follow these steps to create a simple map:
- Choose a game.
- Go to "Interactive Maps"
- Click "Add Map"
- Provide a "Name" and "Image"
- Add the map.
This will create a Map with a Map Image. Map Images are single large images. For large maps greater than 1MB, you will want to use Map Tiles instead as they load faster.
As described above, Map Images are single large images. To ensure your Map Images are optimised:
- If the map is pixel art or uses flat colours, use PNG. Otherwise use JPG.
- Make sure the map has a black background with no transparency.
- Use the map's native resolution. Do not make the map bigger or smaller than its original size. Users can zoom in as much as they want if they need a closer look.
If you would like to create Map TIles contact an Admin and attach the image you want to convert.
RightClick anywhere on a Map to place a Custom Marker. From there, you can create a Map Feature and choose an Entity to target. The Target Entity will open when the Map Feature is clicked.
Point features will use its target's Icon and Hue properties. When no Icon is available, it will use a plain circle. To show plain text instead of an icon, change the Map Feature's "Shape" property to "text" using Data Tables.
Currently only Point features are available. In the future other types of features like Lines, Polylines and Polygons will be made available.
The maps for Xenoblade X do not support editing from the Maps view as they are tailor-made. These will be migrated once editable Maps are able to provide a similar user experience.